The Online payment is defined as the exchange of money electronically by the use of computer networks, the internet and server systems. When you receive a payment over the internet, you are accepting a payment online.
There are several ways to do online transactions:
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Net banking
- Mobile banking
- SMS banking
Several people began to shop online today using credit or debit card, net banking etc., If the site is not secure and protected, the account details can be stolen by some unknown online intruders. So, a secure payment system is highly necessary in order to avoid data theft and there by any loss of hard earned money.
How to recognize Secure Payments?
There are some signs to know the site is secure for online payment. Details are listed below:
- Check for a padlock symbol in the beginning of the address bar of your browser window. While clicking on the padlock itself, the company details will be shown and then it is clear whether the site has been registered to the correct company address and certificate. One thing to note is, the padlock should be on the address bar. If it’s on the webpage it can’t be reliable, as it’s easy for anyone to copy paste the padlock symbol on any page.
- The web address should start with ‘https’ instead of mere ‘http’. ‘https’ means it is highly secure, and encrypted connection.
- If using the latest version of the browser, the address bar or the name of the site owner will turn green.
Online Security Tips:
- Remember always to log out of the sites after payment is done. Just closing your browser is not enough to ensure security.
- Always keep electronic or printed receipts as the proof of payment.
- Also, check and verify the credit card or bank statements carefully after each payment to assure that the correct amount has been debited.
- Ensure there is no virus threat and check updated antivirus/antispyware software has been installed on the system before going online.
- Beware of Emails taking you to fake and malicious websites to collect your bank account or card details.
- Double check all details of your payment before confirming.
- Before submitting any confidential information, you may also check if the site is of a reputed company or brand. Care should be taken not to pass any private data or transfer money through any unknown site.
- If found a warning message with the company certificate or the certificate cannot be trusted, never submit any confidential data or information to such websites.
- While making payment for an online purchase, try to use a secure payment site such as PayPal – never transfer the money into their bank account, directly. PayPal will not charge a fee to buy online.
Secure Payment: The Working Principle
A website which has secure payment system uses encryption technology to make sure that data which is passed between you and the other end is kept confidential.
In a secure online transaction, credit card or other bank details are not processed on the merchant website, but simply forwarded on to a payment service provider to ensure that your card details are not stored at any unsafe place.
Major Payment Gateways Supported in India
Platform for Coding Online Payment Systems:
Most popular and old payment platforms are written in C, or COBOL.
Programming Courses Training in Cochin
Soften Technologies offers Application Programming training in Cochin. ASP.NET, PHP, Java, Android, Embedded Systems, Software Testing are also offered along with networking training like CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert), MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) certifications, RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer), and Linux.
Please visit: Software Training page for the detailed informationon the Programming course syllabus and outline.
CALL: 8129199511, 0484 4037036 for your queries.