Ecommerce or Electronic commerce stands for any type of business that involves the transfer of information through Internet. It includes a variety of business types like retail sites, trading goods, and auction or music sites.
Ecommerce started in 1991. The faster internet and effective and powerful online tools have helped the ecommerce to grow well and make it popular.
Currently, Amazon and EBay are the most popular ecommerce companies. Music, books, computers, consumer electronics, and office supplies are the most sought out categories on the web.
Ecommerce has several benefits and advantages, and the same time, has some risks also. Let us examine both sides below:
Advantages of Ecommerce
The buying and selling procedure is so quick. It’s easy to search and find products through ecommerce website.
While traditional shops can only sell to nearby customers, ecommerce sites can sell to the customers across the country or even internationally.
Plenty of Choices:
It’s so easy to check and compare different products of different companies on the web while relaxing at your home, but it’s hard and time consuming to check different physical stores for different products.
customers can buy products any time, any day of the year. It’s open always.
Coupons and deals:
Unlike traditional physical stores, several coupons and deals are offered on ecommerce sites through which consumers can avail great discounts and reductions!
In case of an ecommerce site, customers can reach to the purchase screen straight from an ad given on classifieds or other sites.
Plenty of reviews –good or bad – can be found on every product on each ecommerce store. It can help consumers to check and choose the best product.
Building an online store is having a less expense than starting a traditional business by renting or owning a building.
Disadvantages of Ecommerce
- The product quality can’t be guaranteed.
- The authenticity and reliability of business owner can’t be assured. Anyone can easily start an ecommerce site, so customers don’t know if the store is good or bad.
- Mechanical or technical failures can happen and the result can be unpredictable.
- There will be no direct customer to company interactions.
- There are some security issues as there are several hackers who look to steal money online.
- Internet access is a must to shop online, but it’s not free.
- There may be some hidden costs while shopping online especially with international purchases.
Popular Ecommerce Platforms:
Some of the most popular ecommerce platforms are listed below:
- Secure shopping cart -256-bit SSL
- 100+ professional themes
- Use your own domain name
- Sell in store (POS)
- Abandoned checkout recovery
- 70 payment gateways
- Translate in 50+ languages
- Integrate with Dropshippers or Fulfillment Centers
- Product reviews, Discount codes and coupons
- Gift Cards
- Mobile commerce ready
- Social Media Integration
- Unlimited products
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Internationalization support
- Enormous number of built
- Extremely modular architecture
- Code-level Access
- Web Services API
Squarespace e-Commerce functions are totally integrated into their platform, and ideally built into all their templates
- Full Control over Product Variants
- Inventory Management
- Unlimited Products
- Sell Physical, Digital, and Service-based Products
- Shipping Options (Flat / Weight-based / Carrier Calculated)
Symphony offers the service of enterprise-level commerce to the fastest growing brands. It can handle critical wholesale and retail business needs from commerce applications to supply chain logistics. Symphony's ecommerce services include integrated solutions for web stores, fulfillment, and marketing.
CommerceHub is a top leading cloud-based e-commerce platform that helps retail stores and brands expand their product assortments, promote and sell products on digital channels, and deliver products to customers quickly at minimum cost.
- Flexible to use
- Easy to Use
- Open Source technology
Programming Courses Training in Cochin
Soften Technologies offers Application Programming training in Cochin. ASP.NET, PHP, Java, Android, Embedded Systems, Software Testing are also offered along with networking training like CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert), MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) certifications, RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer), and Linux.
Please visit: Software Training page for the detailed informationon the Programming course syllabus and outline.
CALL: 8129199511, 0484 4037036 for your queries.